Short notice for CustomerGauge users
You may be aware of an internet security alert called "Heartbleed", which is a vulnerability in the OpenSSL security software that runs on about two-thirds of the servers on the internet and could compromise data security.
The key thing you need to know is that CustomerGauge is secure - all our servers have the latest and correct versions, and there is no evidence that data has been compromised. However, like all other vendors, we are proceeding with caution, and as it such a fundamental part of internet security, we recommend that all CustomerGauge users rotate their passwords and private keys.
Specifically, we recommend:
- All users change passwords within the next seven days. (Passwords should be changed regularly anyway - we recommend every 60 days.)
- Companies using the CustomerGauge API should also rotate keys. (This should be done every six months for good practice).
- SFTP is not affected. No change needed here for now.
There are two ways to change your password:
1. If you are logged in to the system, click on this link: https://app.customergauge.com/index.php?m=MyProfile, and then on the Change Password button like in the red box below.
2. If you are not logged in to the system, visit the login page, click on the Forgotten Password? link, and you will be emailed a new randomly generated password.
If you should need further information, please don't hesitate to contact email@example.com.