Chicago’s 1976 cheesy chart-topper echoes the mournful cries of e-commerce retailers as their expensively-won customers fail to return to purchase again. With an average of 89%* of customers leaving after one purchase it really is “Taking away the biggest part of me”.
In a short webinar we bring together two experience e-commerce executives to discuss ways of keeping customers loyal, and returning to buy again. Here’s a clue: it’s not repeatedly sending marketing emails.
Examining the strategy behind the customer retention strategies of major ecommerce vendors including Sony, Philips and others.
- Looking after the important customers – we show how 7%** of ecommerce customers drive more than half the revenue
- Using an open source KPI as a benchmarking tool: the Net Promoter® Score
- Making customers feel like VIPs – involving them in service improvements
Learn practical examples and hear some little-known facts, and put your questions to the experts.
About the presenters
- Jos Williams, international e-commerce expert: Former Director of Philips eShop Europe, currently with GetLenses.co.uk.
- Adam Dorrell, CEO CustomerGauge, former Director of SonyStyle Europe and Dell.com.
This webinar is now archived (30 minutes): watch it here
The presentation is available in our Download area.
(first broadcast Tuesday 19 July 2011)
*/** based on anonymised retention numbers/RFM data from 10 major ecommerce clients (CustomerGauge)