"Getting more feedback from customers" is point one on the wishlist of many people working in the Voice of Customer field.
But while organisations seek ways to obtain more feedback, it is all too easy to lose sight of the fact that the Net Promoter survey is merely a stepping stone towards the goal of providing a better experience for customers. And this goal doesn't need to wait until the data is in. It starts with the survey process - simple, short, and clear, and followed up with by a thank you message.
Gratitude is the Best Attitude
Consider the ways thanking your customers is a win for your organisation:
- It's a great opportunity to demonstrate to customers how much you value their feedback, AND it shows customers their feedback is really used!
- By making public statements, internal commitment to customer-focused change is reinforced.
- It puts the organization a step further on the path to true customer-centricity.
- YOU ARE BEATING 99% OF COMPETITORS THAT DON’T DO THIS (It’s truly shocking how few companies do)
- NOT expressing your gratitude is a non-verbal communication that you don’t truly value what your customers are saying. Don’t let that happen!