There is a moving final scene in the 1971 film Silent Running. Bruce Dern sets his robot adrift in a spacecraft to tend the last remaining plant specimens from Earth. Although it's 40 years old, this image of a machine trusted to look after living organisms inspired recent films like WALL*E, and was perhaps a foretaste of our current age with machines looking after our health, even agricultural robots starting to grow our food.
Not so much of a stretch then to imagine a system that could look after your customers?
It's a theme we have been developing - we recently wrote about a Simple Customer Rescue and Reward Plan and followed it with a webinar "The Loyalty Robot": Learn how to increase customer loyalty and grow online sales automatically.
We wanted to share our current thinking on how you can build "robotic" systems to enhance the e-commerce customer experience. The key elements:
- automated customer surveys to understand voice-of-customer and Net Promoter® Score in real-time
- automated customer segmentation by lifetime value
- automated customer segmentation by loyalty (using Net Promoter Score)
- process to help customers needing immediate response
- clustering customer issues together for longer-term strategic fix
- close-loop monitoring of results (Net Promoter Score and other metrics)
- Responding to customers with updates on your actions
You could roll-your-own solution, but we believe CustomerGauge has all the parts you need to start this now - and we have proof points from our major e-commerce clients including Canon, Philips and Vodafone.
It's all in a presentation you can download here: Building your own e-commerce Loyalty Robot (PDF, 8Mb) - or you can watch/listen to the archived webinar here.
When you are ready to add some "Silent Running" on your e-commerce site, we would be delighted to help you.